Warning: Device must be installed in-line on customer network. Plan for the Internet connection to be down while device is installed and tested
- Port A- Connect to the Local Area Network (LAN) or internal side of the network.
- Port B- Connect to the Wide Area Network (WAN) or Internet side of the network.
- Connect Port A – Using an Ethernet cable, connect Port A to the Internet, WAN, or Uplink port on your network switch. If none of these ports exists, plug into any available port on your switch.
- Connect Port B – Using an Ethernet cable, connect Port B to the Ethernet or LAN port on your Internet service provider’s cable modem or router.
- Connect Power Adapter
- If you have correctly installed the PacketSmart PI- 100 device, the following messages will appear on the screen